Pictures of the inside of the sign. I’m not sure what started on fire first, but it appears to me that the exhaust fan may have been the origination of the fire. A ethernet cable seen in these pictures ran right next to the fan, and has the insulation completely melted off. Inside of the box does not seem to be burned. There was a computer where the bird nest is in these pictures. The computer was removed to attempt to find a replacement by a 3rd party. You can also see the harness that powers the LED’s is burned beyond repair and will need replaced.  I also am not sure if the back side of the LED board is damaged or not.

I dissembled the metal black box and found what looks like a standard PC with some type of special PCI card. The computer had a SSD in it.